What is the National Curriculum
The National Curriculum has two main aims. It requires that all maintained schools provide a balanced and broadly based curriculum that:
- promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and of society
- prepares pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
Follow the links below for an overview of the curriculum specific to your child's stage/year group across the academic year and to better understand the ethos behind the broad and balanced curriculum we follow at Oatlands School.
For for more information about when your year group's curriculum evening is being held and detail on how to book your space, please click the year group pictures below.
Oatlands School Curriculum Intent
- Values is at the heart of all we do as a school. It underpins our curriculum, ethos, relationships and identity as a school community. Our values ethos gives our children an understanding of their developing responsibilities as citizens both within school and in the wider community.
- Resilience and positive attitudes to learning are fostered through use of ‘Characteristics of Effective learning’ and ‘Growth Mindset’ strategies.
- Children are taught key knowledge and skills across a broad and balanced curriculum. The curriculum meets the needs of all learners and creates challenge through a clear progression of skills and knowledge that build on prior learning.
- Children learn in a safe and secure environment in which exciting, memorable and immersive learning experiences are planned for both within and beyond the classroom.
- There are opportunities for children to embed their skills and deepen their knowledge and understanding independently.
- There is frequent and systematic revisiting of key skills and knowledge providing children with a firm foundation for future learning.
- Children are part of a learning community that ensures parents and carers are involved in the Oatlands experience.
Oatlands School Curriculum Reception (Summer 1) Curriculum Plan Year 1 (Summer 1) Curriculum Plan Year 2 (Summer 1) Curriculum Plan Reception (Spring 2) Curriculum Plan Year 1 (spring 2) curriculum plan reception (Spring 1) Curriculum Plan Year 1 (Spring 1) Curriculum Plan YEar 2 (Spring 1) Curriculum Plan Reception (Autumn 2) Curriculum Plan Year 1 (Autumn 2) Curriculum Plan Year 2 (Autumn 2) Curriculum Plan Year 2 (Autumn 1) Curriculum Plan Year 1 (Autumn 1) Curriculum Plan