What to wear to school
Ensuring that your child is appropriately dressed for school is very important. Wearing school uniform helps children to develop a sense of belonging as well as being practical for all school activities.
The same uniform is worn across the whole school and is based on the school colours of red and green.
All Oatlands Children are expected to wear a green jumper or cardigan branded with the school logo. They must also have a red Oatlands bookbag and a red, drawstring PE bag. These, and other Oatlands branded items, can be ordered from our school uniform supplier School Uniform Direct (click here to access the Oatlands pages of their website) or can be bought 2nd hand from the PTA (see details right)
In addition to the green Oatlands branded cardigan or jumper, children should be dressed in their choice of the following items:
- White shirt, blouse or polo shirt.
- Grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore.
- Grey or white socks
- Grey or green tights
- Safe, smart black shoes (NO trainers, boots or plimsols)
- Green, checked summer dresses (in the warmer months).
- Warm, waterproof coat
All Children must have:
- Red T-shirt with Oatlands school logo
- Black shorts
- Black slip-on plimsols or plain black or white slip=on/velcro trainers.
- Green Oatlands branded hoodie and jogging bottoms.
In addition to these essential items, School Uniform Direct also offers for sale the following optional uniform items:
- Elasticated school ties.
- Red or green woolly hats.
- Red or green baseball hats or legionnaire hats.
- Reversible, red waterproof fleece coat embroidered with the school logo.
Other important information:
- PE kit is worn for all indoor and outdoor Physical Education lessons throughout the school year so must remain in school at all times.
- All items of clothing, including footwear, bags, coats and PE kit MUST be clearly labelled with your child's name.
- Children with pierced ears may wear plain studs only and they must be removed for PE. If your child is unable to remove earrings themselves they should not wear them to school
- No other jewellery should be worn in school for reasons of health and safety
- Only analogue watches should be worn. Apple watches or Fitbit watches (or similar) are NOT permitted in school
- Long hair MUST be tied back from the face with hair accessories kept to a minimum and in line with the colours of the school’s uniform.
- Sunglasses are permitted as long as they provide the recommended UV protection
- Children MUST NOT come to school wearing nail polish or tattoo
Click HERE to access the school uniform ordering website
2nd Hand Uniform
Representatives of the school PTA coordinate the collection and sale of 2nd hand school uniform and PE kit throughout the school year.
All the money raised from these sales goes to help the PTA fund exciting projects in school.
Sales typically take place in the school playground, at the end of the school day on a termly basis and all are welcome.
Should you need to buy specific items between sales or if you have any questions regarding 2nd hand uniform, please contact the 2nd hand uniform coordinator via email firstname.lastname@example.org