The School Day
The school day
It is important that we maintain a consistent routine at school and that all Oatlands families understand the structure of the school day. This is both for the smooth running of the school and the safety of your children. Please familiarlise yourself with the timetable below and the guidelines for expected conduct at the beginning and end of the school day.
08:30 Gates open
08:50 Bell rings for the start of the school day, children welcomed into class by their teacher and learning begins.
09:00 External gates locked
13:10 Afternoon session begins
15:00 End of School Day
Teaching time (excluding assemblies, registration and playtimes) - 21 hours 15 minutes per week.
Expectations around the school day:
- Remember to always use the supervised crossing and correct entrances for you own and your child’s safety.
- Please remain with and supervise your child/ren until the bell rings.
- Remember to park your bikes and scooters carefully in the racks and areas provided and do not ride them in the playground.
- Please do not allow your children to use the football areas or play with learning resources laid out on the verandahs before school.
- Please say goodbye to your child at the door, you will not be permitted to enter the school without a prior appointment.
- Please be on time. Learning starts promptly at 8.50am and the external gates will be locked at 09.00 for the safety of all the children.
- Children arriving after 9.00 am must enter via the school office and will be recorded as late.
- At the end of the school day, please leave the playground promptly so the space can be used for after school clubs.